Saturday, March 1, 2008

Password security questions

I have a growing pet peeve. I hate the secondary password retrieval questions offered to me when I am setting up any sort of online account. Unfortunately, I am always forgetting what password belongs to which account, so I am always using this security step.

The problem is that most of the questions offered are subjective, not concrete. Instead of “What is your mother’s maiden name?” or “What is your father’s birthday?” (both of which hold answers that won’t change), I’m seeing questions such as “What was your first pet’s name?” “What park did you like to play in as a child?” “Who is your favorite musician?” or “How does your ex-boyfriend’s mother prefer to take her coffee on the weekends?” All questions I will never remember the answers to. What’s worse, many companies now make me choose more than one question to set up! How am I supposed to remember if I chose the first pet I can recall or the first pet I owned as an adult? What if I have more than one favorite musical artist and can’t remember which one I chose for this particular question? Which ex-boyfriend did I choose for the coffee question?

Ahhhhh! It’s all too much. Can’t I just be allowed to create my OWN questions and answers?

Speaking of favorite musicians though, I can't stop listening to Cary Brothers right now. I've had his CD for almost a year and it still remains one of my most played. Ironically, it took me a long time to initially hop on the fan train with him. It wasn't until I saw him live that I was onboard.

I'm completely crushed that I'll be missing him AGAIN this year at Austin's SXSW music festival! I'll be leaving town just two days before :(

He happen to reshoot the video for his song Ride. I wonder if Zach Braff is mad at Cary for not using his version anymore... (personally, I like Zach's version better than this new one) According to Cary, this video is supposed to be more artistic and allow the viewer to interpret the content. I say he saw the opportunity to cast bigger actors for a song and took it. Oh Hollywood.

No comments: