Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hundreds of Things

I want to try and start two new on-going projects of posts this holiday season.
The first is my life goal list. (or Bucket List for you fancy pants out there)

I started this list back in middle school and came across the collection of notebook paper the other day while going through some old memory boxes. Some of the items are beyond ridiculous, though still fun to include. Others I think I'll replace with new goals.

I was also happy to see that I've accomplished a handful of the goals I set for myself. Those might be fun posts to reflect with.

Second, in the spirit of the book One Thousand Gifts (which I have not read, but now think I will put on the top of my reading list) I thought I would challenge myself to come up with 100 things I am thankful for. The book encourages readers to capture your gifts, count your blessings, and share joy as it happens.

This has been a particularly hard 18 months for me. But through the struggle, I've found strength in unexpected places. Happiness where there should have been sadness. And an overall deeper appreciation for things that I once took for granted.

No comments: