Monday, March 3, 2008

New TV crush alert


I don't think I've been so excited for a new show since, well, ok Gossip Girl. Please understand, with the strike still affecting the usual shows I watch (I guess the writers have to catch up or something... whatev) finding new episodes of a decently amusing show is kind of a big deal for me.

The new love is Greek. I found it on ABC Family online. The show has already seen it's first season come and go, and lucky for me the second season begins March 24th!

Movies and shows about greek life are nothing new. It's a topic that might actually be a little tired; Van Wilder, Legally Blonde, Animal House, those Mtv Greek reality shows, and Old School are just a few that come to mind. The difference with this show is that it's refreshingly accurate and still funny.

Of course everything has been dramatized to focus on a love triangle, catty girl fights, and hazing.

However, the themed parties, rush, study files (yes those old tests so graciously donated by former members), drinking, chapter meetings, even the stereotyped chapter houses make me feel like a young pup of 19 again. I'm almost surprised that it's aired on a family based channel more fit to show the Gilmore Girls and 7th Heaven.

Another reason I love this show is because the guy's characters come a little close to comfort of my relationships past. The uptight born again Christian, the All American boy, and my favorite the witty, charming, ever partying, sometime-slacker who quite closely resembles my current squeeze. (I've also formed a bit of a TV crush on the actor who plays this role. Imdb tells me his name is Scott Michael Foster, who can also be caught on NBC's new series Quarterlife, mentioned here a few months ago http://cvanson.blogspot.com/2008/01/boob-tube.html)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greek is old news girl, however I am glad you have caught with nothing less than online viewing.

Nice work!

Cheers!