Monday, March 17, 2008

Super Sangria

A time honored passage of winter leaving and warmer weather approaching my friends and I celebrate each year is making (and drinking) sangria.

Similar to what baking of pies and cookies represents during the holiday season, sangria takes me back to outdoor bbqs, days out on the lake in Seattle, and laying out in the summertime soaking up the sun.
In fact, while living in Seattle, my friends and I made a holiday dedicated solely to the drink. Sangria Days involved decorating your sangria container, street relays and games.

Katie with her kitty themed Sangria box complete with cat toys.


I opted for a Superman theme, Clark Kent and my alter ego SuperSangria

Sangria can be made easily with the right recipe of red wines and fruit. My preference is to use Carlo Rossi Sangria (yes, the oversized cheap bottles) with a splash of soda water. For fruit, apple slices, oranges, strawberries, and raspberries work well.

For an easier recipe, order off the menu! The Brazilian restaurant in Pike Place has both white and red options. Both are delicious!

No comments: