Monday, February 28, 2011

Equipped to Swim


Having recently joined a gym (the first time in five years), I’ve been frequenting the pool for my daily workouts. Unfortunately, unlike community pools that have provided gear for full body workouts, this place is a little lacking.

I decided to stock up on the necessary accessories needed for a better water workout. Naturally, I also happened to look for the cutest trim possible too.

I was told by my triathlete friend, Tiffany, that floral swim caps are not the coolest thing for swimmers to wear…


… though I disagree, I decided to play it safe with a simple pink swimcap.

In an additional effort to save my blonde locks from turning green (and from smelling like a walking hot tub), I've been told that TriSwim is the best line of products to use for hair and skin care.
For working my arms and legs, I found a pull buoy and kickboard, also in (of course) pink.


And last, instead of just swimming back and forth until I'm tired, I thought I might try to find a few workouts to better train my body and form
http://www.active.com/swimming/Articles/Four-Focused-Swim-Workouts.htm

How swim-tastic.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

First of all, I'm obsessed with that pic you put at the beginning of this post. So cool. I'm glad you did not opt for the flower swim cap, although it would have provided some serious laughs for your fellow pool-goers! Let me know how you like the Tri Swim. I'm not a huge fan of the conditioner, but I LOVE everything else, especially the lotion!

Just keep swimming...