Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, New Camera


Happy 2014 y’all! My day has been spent much like the rest of the country, recovering on the couch watching endless bowl games, dreading the thought of facing two whole work days before the real weekend.

It’s been an amazing Holiday season, one that I am not ready to see go. I think I’ll be holding on to my décor and sneaking one or two more holiday movies into the mix in the next couple days. But like many, I am also excited for the thought of a new year and new possibilities. Instead of resolution setting this year, I’m taking on my own Happiness Project, focusing on different aspects of life and relationships each month.

One of Matt’s gifts to me this year was an amazing camera. And though it has wifi upload (which I am still figuring out), and I can post pictures to Facebook (also still being figured out), I’m choosing to post some of them here, like the good old days of blogging... because that is where I found writing happiness and is part of my focus for the month.

To start with, some shots of our New Year’s crab boil and festivities, hosted by our friend’s Rohn and Ericka.


Delish (unless you're allergic to shellfish. Le sigh...)
 
 
Amazing handcrafted cocktails!
 
The feast!
 
 
Cover up!






To the new year!

Post dinner "lunges" to work off the food. This is Matt's "you are being ridiculous" face
Photo bomb!
 
Happy New Year!
 

No comments: