Saturday, January 4, 2014

January: Me Month

The first part of my Happiness Project is to improve from within first. This month's focus is Mind, Body, Soul.

As mirrored in the Happiness Project, I felt that by working on myself first, it would help set me up for success when focusing on the following months. I'm removing the physical and emotional clutter. Detoxing life. Finding more energy. And getting my priorities in line.

I'm also working on just "Being Carina"
(first I've got to figure out what exactly that means).

But in a nutshell, I'm learning to embrace me. There are things that I can acknowledge and try to improve, and others things are part of what makes me, me. I can accept these things and even learn to indulge them. After all, this year is all about being happy.

So what does it mean to “Be Carina”?
I do not like early mornings. Give up on trying to be a morning person. 
I cannot sing on key, however hard I may try
I love to create and craft
Hallmark and Lifetime movies are guilty pleasures
I need routine, and at the heart of it, I am a homebody
I really want to love olives, but just... can’t
I am an extrovert 90% of the time, but that 10% introvert is an important piece of me
Working out may never be second nature for me
I’m a late bloomer and still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up (better late than never, I suppose)
It’s ok to love fashion, beauty products, and shopping. Frivolous as it may be.
I would rather travel than own expensive things
Sometimes I’d rather just observe than participate

… you get the idea.

A thought to chew on. What would it look like if we all embraced the things that may go against the grain, but are inherently the things that make us individual?  


No comments: